[mythtv-users] Sound problem with upgrades

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 18:52:10 EDT 2004

Hey again everyone,

Myth has for some time had native alsa support so does that mean that
somehow myth and some helper apps, like mplayer, are handled separately?

I ask because almost every time I tweak anything (ESPECIALLY kernel
upgrades), the sound in mplayer is GONE but everywhere else is ok. It
happened again with yesterday's FC1 2197 to 2199 upgrade.

Where shall I start to trouble shoot this?

Thanks,
Eric

My MythBox:
Athlon XP 2000+, MSI K7N2GM-L, 512MB Kbyte, 80GB Seagate Single Platter,
2xPVR250 Coolmax CX300B Silent PSU, Coolermaster ATC-610BX1 Case, Fedora
Core 1, 2.4.22-1.2179 kernel, ivtv-0.1.9, myth 0.15.20040505.1