[mythtv-users] How MythTV works and other questions

Blammo [doh] blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:44:46 EDT 2004

> And this is where the Xbox comes in.  From what I have been reading,
> it actually makes a decent HDTV output device.

<disclaimer>
I don't have an Xbox to test with
</disclaimer>

That being said, my testing on HD source material, using an XP2400
(Xbox is a Celeron 700) using Nvidia 5200 ultra (somewhat close to
what the Xbox has) tells me that HD content is _really_ cpu and GFX
card intensive.

Unless you could use XvMC (which knocks out some really nice filtering
options) the XBox wouldn't have a prayer of playing back "full size"
HD content. If you automatically transcoded it down, the machine could
keep up better, but that defeats the purpose of HD doesn't it?