[mythtv-users] Nvidia tvout picture quality

randy ferrill randyf at cbcast.com
Mon Sep 13 22:50:56 EDT 2004

My system :

AMD Athlon xp 1800

384meg sdram

120gb Maxtor hd

pvr250

Nvidia 440mx

Issue, the picture quality using my antenna compared to my normal tv
signal is not as bright nor are the whites really white. If I adjust the
brightness to get the colors brighter then in brighter scenes it is
overly bright and washed out. Currently this is ok on my 27” tv but I
have a projector in the works (2nd revision) and it is capable of a
picture over 8’ wide indoors (used it outside and got a great 25’x16’ on
the side of my house) So I want to drive it with my Mythtv box and this
is my stumbling point.

Also I am assuming that the flick during high speed panning is the video
card not being fast enough to smoothly display , Can anyone recommend a
inexpensive Nvidia replacement ? How does the 5200 rate?

---