[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Eliminating puases during playback w/ Mplayer

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Mon Sep 13 23:13:50 EDT 2004

I am trying to play a MPEG2 file stored on my Windows desktop computer to my
MythTV box using Mplayer. I have the share setup and everything is mounted
correctly, however during playback the video will appear to pause every once
in awhile. The audio does not seem to be affected by this. I have tried it
from both the Mythvideo and command line interfaces with the same result.
Does anyone have any suggestions that I could do to try and make the
playback as smooth as possible?

For some more information, the computers are connected via a Linksys switch
at 100Mbps. The source computer is a 2.4GHz P4 w/ 512MB RAM. The MythTV box
is a Athlon 2500 w/ 512MB.

Nate Thompson