[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Eliminating puases during playback w/Mplayer

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Tue Sep 14 00:42:35 EDT 2004

Sorry to reply to my own topic, but I found a little more once I started
digging a little further. Running mplayer from the command line, I was able
to see this error message:

Alsa-play: xrun of at least xxx msec. resetting stream

This shows up everytime there is a pause. This makes me think the problem
lies with Alsa, but I have no idea what to do to try and remedy it. Maybe
I'll try posting on the Alsa mailing list.

Nate Thompson