[mythtv-users] Mfd and libopendaap

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Sep 14 02:05:59 EDT 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 06:16 pm, Peter Martens wrote:

> Thought it was time again to play a little bit around with the mfd and
> mfe. For the first time they compiled without a problem. When starting
> the mfd and trying to make contact to iTunes it complains about not
> having libopendaap installed. But I really have libopendaap (0.2.3)
> installed (gentoo ebuild).

	Just to recap this for others who might be following along, the problem is
that libopendaap has a nasty habit of not building libraries with a .so
extension.

	I have updated the mfe README's to explain this. Since nobody ever reads
README's, I will repeat the relevant information here:

Note that as of version 0.2.3, libopendaap has a very annoying habit of
not naming the library properly under a Linux build (it calls it
libopendaap.0.0.1, rather than libopendaap.so.0.0.1). The following
hack-around (as root) should fix that:

        cd {wherever libopendaap is installed, probably /usr/local/lib}
        rm libopendaap
        rm libopendaap.0
        mv libopendaap.0.0.1 libopendaap.so.0.0.1
        ln -s libopendaap.so.0.0.1 libopendaap.so.0
        ln -s libopendaap.so.0.0.1 libopendaap.so
        ldconfig