[mythtv-users] Best way to backup / (Root)

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Sep 14 06:11:54 EDT 2004

Op dinsdag 14 september 2004 09:54, schreef Barker Thomas:
> Hi I was wondering whats the best way to backup your root partition?
>
> This occurred to me when I did an upgrade from 0.15 to 0.16 and it was not
> best happy.
>
> The / is only like 8 gig so size would not matter. This would be so I would
> have a perfect copy of the original incase I mess up again and can then
> just restore it back over.

I booted with Knoppix when upgrading from 0.14 to 0.15.1, and used partimage
to store the root partition (with compression) on the video-store partition.
One nasty thing that happened was that my router/modem gave out a new IP to
my mythbox. Which took some time to find out why the whole thing didn't work
anymore. So either boot without network connection, or know that this could
happen.

 Henk Poley <><