[mythtv-users] Pre-scaling theme images

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Tue Sep 14 10:39:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 09:11, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> It appears that every time you run mythfrontend *at a different
> resolution*, it removes the 'stale' themecache and generates one for
> the current resolution.  For instance, I normally run at 800x600, and I
> *never* get the "generating scaled-images..." progress bar.  Today I
> ssh-ed in from work and ran with a remote 1280x1024 display.  I saw the
> progress bar (as expected), but I also saw a terminal message "removing
> stale cache blue.800.600".  I checked, and sure enough, I now have a
> blue.1280.1024 cache and NO blue.800.600 cache.  I fully expect that
> the next time I fire up my main frontend I will see the progress bar.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to have myth *not* delete a themecache
> just because it's not the current resolution?

That exactly explains the behaviour I'm seeing.  I often run
mythfrontend or mythsetup over ssh to tweak some setting when I'm at my
desk (I've been meaning to install a local mythfrontend, but that's
another story).  If the cache could keep two or three settings instead
of just one (or if it were configurable), that would be nice.

Not a big deal--now I understand what's going on.

--PC