[mythtv-users] audio problems

Michael Skaastrup Michael at Skaastrup.dk
Tue Sep 14 11:48:40 EDT 2004

Hi all

I have a running myth setup, and love it. Thanks.

I do have one problem. I use a bttv capture card with an audio loop
cable to the soundcard (Pinacle PCTV RAVE)

I do get sound from my setup, but it sounds distorted, almost like if it
was 8bit/8000 hz

When looking at /proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#0-0 i can se that the
DSP runs at 44100 hz. (Corrected that from 8000 hz)
I did it to test whether or not it was sampling rate related, but it
didn't change anything.

I'm kinda stuck for now, so i really would appreciate any info from you
gurus.

When i do aplay /dev/dsp it sounds crappy, when i unmute the line-in in
alsamixer it sounds ok, so it isn't the capture card that sends
distorted audio.

I'm running FC2 and Myth 0.15. The sound card is an onboard intel one.

Reguards
 Michael Skaastrup