[mythtv-users] myth tv on windows or equivalent open source prog?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 15:25:19 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 12:50, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 11:55:32PM -0400, Félix-Antoine Marchildon
wrote:
> > I'm incredibly suprised with the power of mythtv but I need to run
> > a pvr software on a windows xp machine too. Does someone know if
> > there's a release for win32 os? Or maybe another program (open
> > source/GPL or any other) that would do the job?
>
> As a systems analyst, I'm forced to ask those hard questions.  :-)
>
> Precisely what requirement is it that you have that specifies the
> Operating System for a box that is, basically, an appliance?
>
> Functionality -> Application -> OS is the customary decision tree;
> you're starting at the wrong end.

Well, presumably he has a machine on which he'd like to run Myth in some
capacity, but is unable to have it be a dedicated appliance.  Perhaps
it's a desktop machine that he doesn't have full control over.
Whatever the reason, he's not starting at the wrong end; it's just that
there may be more than just "PVR" on the "Functionality" end of the
equation.

-JAC