[mythtv-users] Wrong channel being recorded on one of my tuners

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:46:06 EDT 2004

Just got FC2 running yesterday, and am now just working out the little
quirks. One thing I've noticed is that one of the tuners records the
channel directly below what it should be recording. I know this has
something to do with declaring the tuner types, but I'm having trouble
finding the remedy. The tuners are both pvr-250, with one being an MCE
edition. I'm running ivtv 108k. When I run "tail -50 /var/log/dmesg |
grep tuner" all I get is:

[root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/modprobe tveeprom
[root at localhost mythtv]# tail -50 /var/log/dmesg | grep tuner
tuner: type set to 2 (Philips NTSC (FI1236,FM1236 and compatibles)) by
ivtv i2c driver #1

And I get no other information. Shouldn't I be seeing both tuners
cards in this output, or am I missing something? Any help would be
appreciated.