[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase: how to delete Program Guide

Abhi abhi at 4961ocean.org
Tue Sep 14 17:20:22 EDT 2004

Hi,
    I accidentally downloaded all channels (from labs.zap2it.com) from the
lineup using mythfilldatabase. So now the guide contains all these (~500)
channels. Which I think causes the switch from watching TV to program guide
to almost take 5 seconds!!
    Watching TV--> Menu-->Program Guide
    By the time Program Guide appears, it takes ~ 5 seconds!

    I am running on 2.0 GHz Pentium, 512 MB RAM, which I think is a plenty.

    I only care for about 70 channels, and I made that change at zap2it,
and ran mythfilldatabase, but I still see all 500 channels in the program
guide.

    Is there a way to prune the guide? Can I delete some tables from the
mysql to delete the guide and then re-run mythfilldatabase?

    Thanks
    - Abhi