[mythtv-users] Parental recordings section

Jeff C myth at express.tc
Wed Sep 15 10:18:54 EDT 2004

I have a feature idea I wanted to toss out to the group for discussion and
consideration.

I think it would be useful to be able to flag recordings as having a certain
parental level (even if it was just off/on), just like you can tag videos in
MythVideo so they don't appear without the password.

I'm thinking of situations where the adults in the household want to record
something that they don't want to be available to kids, or even be seen on
the watch recordings screen.  The idea being that in addition to the normal
show listings their would be a "Extended Listings" option which would prompt
for a password.  The shows that were flagged with that parental control
option would all be in there, either ordered by show name or by date,
whatever works.  So you would loose the nice Show/Episode sorting inherent
in the watch videos screen, but at least you would keep the kids out of
anything they shouldn't be in.

I'm interested to hear what others think, especially multi-machine/multi-kid
households.

Thanks,

-Jeff