[mythtv-users] EPIA MII + PVR 350

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 15 10:16:42 EDT 2004

Richard Pendered wrote:

>Hi,
>I am a newbie to all things linux.
>I am after an idiots guide to setting up my pc (EPIA MII 1.2Ghz with WinTV
>PVR 350) to provide as many of the features which Myth offers.
>Can anyone point me in the direction where to get this? Does this feature
>where to get latest drivers and patches ?

Since you are new to linux it really is worth to have a peek at the
distro+myth such as knoppmyth.
[http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=TopRated] (doing
it separately more than doubles the trouble)

Also reading the documentation provided with de myth zip file [or
http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall] is not a bad idea.
Since you are going the Hauppauge PVR road, chapter 22.1 and 22.2 are
especially interesting. Another guide that is execelently rate is
Jarrod's guide [http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php].

Tricks & Updates on the Hauppauge can be found at
[http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/] and
[http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/IvTv]

P.S. Please don't be intimidated by the amount of lingo. Stick to it
like a pitbull and I guarantee you it'sd worth it.