[mythtv-users] Anybody tried prelink?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 10:55:34 EDT 2004

At 08:43 15/09/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Brian
>Auto login is not that difficult.  KDE controls this with
>/etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc.  You can configure it with KDE control center (GUI)
>or by editing the file manually.  A quick grep of my kdmrc file yields
>the following.
>
>[root at mythtv kdm]# cat -n kdmrc | grep mythtv
>     25  DefaultUser=mythtv
>     54  NoPassUsers=mythtv
>     61  AutoLoginUser=mythtv

Aye, I've done autlogin under KDE and GNOME before, but I don't have either
installed on this system and so have been looking for a way to do it with
xdm (no joy) or another lightweight login manager that supports autologin
(again, no joy). Enlightenment's login manager is about to get autologin
support, but again it'd mean me installing yet more unnecessary libraries
and stuff.

>On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 07:53, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> > Fedora Core (at least 2, not sure about 1) runs it by default out of
> > anacron.  However, to be honest, I decided that I didn't want it mucking
> > about with my video drivers...so I actually put anything nvidia or GL*
> > related into the /etc/prelink.conf file to keep it from running on those
> > files.
> >
> > Brian

Did you notice a difference over previous setups...?

The prelink guide for gentoo has got fairly explicit instructions on what
and what not to prelink... I was thinking of only doing it on my Myth stuff.