[mythtv-users] 0.16 Update Problems

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 15 11:21:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 08:08:30AM -0700, Liquid Gecka wrote:
> First off, all of my osd's (the recorded time,
> commercial notification, and the channel browser) are
> all gray scale. The menu's are nice and blue and the
> video is crisp, but the osd stuff is not.

Note that in .16 the OSD theme is a separate item.  (I believe that's
new; I don't recall seeing it in .15.1.  We were using Titivillus, but
had to manually select the matching OSD theme when we upgraded.

> The video gets really choppy any time I use the osd
> stuff. It eventually locks up but it takes a good
> minute of choppy/laggy video before it happens.

This problem we're not having.

> nVidia GeForce 440 for output through S-Video.

Which drivers?

> Xorg-X11 (6.8) instead of XFree if that matters.

It might.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi