[mythtv-users] tveeprom warning

myth at twilley.plus.com myth at twilley.plus.com
Wed Sep 15 11:47:15 EDT 2004

I'm afraid I'm yet another newbie doing my best to follow Jarod's excellent guide (kudos to him). My setup is FC1, onboard audio and video, PVR-250 - the usual. I've just about got the ivtv stage, and I'm coming up with the following when I #modprobe tveeprom to find out my tuner type:

Warning
[...]tveeprom.o
symbol for parameter verbose not found
Module tveeprom loaded, with warnings

and of course I get nothing when I search for 'tuner' in /var/log/dmesg.

I've googled fairly extensively (and apologies to all if there's a really obvious answer and I've missed it) but I don't know what might be causing that and how to cure it.

Any help would be very gratefully received.
Thanks,
Mat