[mythtv-users] Problem with realtime scheduling of video in CVS.

Harley Peters hpeters2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:32:20 EDT 2004

I have a problem with realtime scheduling in that when i enter live
tv everything works perfect until i change the channel. Then the video
stutters badly though the sound appears ok.
If i then pause live tv even for just a brief moment live tv is smooth
again until i change the channel again.
If i turn off the setuid and gid on mythfrontend it then works the way
it did before. Though without the benefit of realtime scheduling.
I have noticed that the video thread is running with a priority of -2
when running with realtime scheduling is that what it's supposed to be
?

mythtv cvs
2 - pvr 250's
gentoo 2.6.7-r14