[mythtv-users] mythtv segfault when exiting live tv

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 15 13:09:44 EDT 2004

Jason E Jenkins wrote:
> Hello all,
>  I just installed 0.16 and I think most of the plugins and all work;
> however, when exiting live tv mythfrontend dies and segfaults without
> any errors that I can tell in the /var/logs or logs in mysql.

<snip>

> Please
> let me know if I should have added more info to diagnose this issue.

Hi, I'm not a developer so I can't really help with your problem, but I
did find that I got some help with another problem pretty quickly when I
provided a backtrace using gdb. It is easier than it sounds. There are
some instructions on the mythtv.org site here:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss20.2

Basically you need to recompile with the debug option and then run a few
commands and post the output.

Cheers,
Michelle