[mythtv-users] EPIA MII + PVR 350

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Wed Sep 15 13:07:02 EDT 2004

>Hi,
>I've been looking at using my new PC for a dedicated PVR, and have yet to
>decide on how to do it.
>I am a newbie to all things linux.
>I am after an idiots guide to setting up my pc (EPIA MII 1.2Ghz with WinTV
>PVR 350) to provide as many of the features which Myth offers.
>Can anyone point me in the direction where to get this? Does this feature
>where to get latest drivers and patches ?
>What is the best version of linux to use ? I have FC2 and mandrake 9.1
>available at the moment.
>Thanks
>Richard Pendered

This list is very tolerant of a lot of things, but asking questions like
this will likely get you flamed pretty quickly.

1st rule: Google is your friend.  A simple google search for "mythtv
guide" returns http://pvrguide.no-ip.com/ and
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php as the first two results.  Read
first, ask questions later.
2nd rule: Search the archives at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users.  These questions
have been gone over dozens and dozens of times.  Then if you have
something *specific* that you want answered or clarified, post it with
references and questions, and you'll most likely get a better answer.

Empower yourself with knowledge by reading the lessons of the people
before you, and you won't be a newbie for long.