[mythtv-users] Automatic Commercial Detection - how to get it towork for all shows?

Phil Bridges phil at gravityhammer.com
Wed Sep 15 17:34:20 EDT 2004

> Hey all,
>
> I've been playing a bit with the automatic commercial detection, and can't
> seem to find a setting that will work well for all the shows that I
> record. I've tried just about all the different detection algorithms, and
> some seem to work well for some shows, but not for others at all. Has
> anyone had luck finding a setting that will work for most shows? If so,
> would you mind sharing?  :)
>
> Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, are you having more problems with it not detecting
commercials, or detecting commercials that aren't there?  I've come to
realize that some of the shows I record (the Law & Orders, for example),
often skip what it thinks are commercials but aren't.  I have to turn off
commercial skip when I watch these.  I'm pretty sure I use blank frame
detection.