[mythtv-users] Automatic Commercial Detection - how to get it

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Sep 16 00:24:14 EDT 2004

> A combination of both - the most annoying case is where I hit the skip
> button and it skips to the next set of commercials (after a 7 minute
> segment of the show.) I don't have automatic commercial skipping set up;
> I've just got buttons on my remote set to do it. Law & Order is one of the
> big problem shows for me - they blank the screen on a regular basis for
> scene changes.

And they blank on 15, 30, or 60 seconds intervals which fools the
commercial detection.  I almost wonder sometimes if they do it for this
reason.

I have it on my TODO list to make it so that if you hit 'Q' within 3-4
seconds of hitting 'Z' that it will skip back to where you originally
hit 'Z' from instead of going back to the previous cutpoint.  This will
help in those cases where the commercial detect code misses.
--

Chris