[mythtv-users] gnome-alsamixer package

Tom Craddock sigtom at sigtom.com
Thu Sep 16 03:47:09 EDT 2004

Hey,

I had a similar problem...I ended up needing the complete sources.list that
you get when you install the medley package Jarod mentions in his howto, but
I couldn't get it to install.  So I found a small work around, that was fast
for me.  I would post the complete sources.list here, but Im not at a linux
machine.  Dload the medley-package-config from ATrpms.net, the most recent.
Get it on your mythtv box.  At the cmd line, do this:

# rpm2cpio medley-package-config-* | cpio -t

That will give you a 'table of contents' of whats in the RPM.  You want the
file /etc/apt/sources.list.  So if you want only THAT file to be extracted,
at the cmd line

# rpm2cpio medley-package-config-* | cpio -ivd /etc/apt/sources.list

You may have to try etc/apt/sources.list at the end instead of what I have
there.  It will extract the file to the current dir your in, so done be in /
when you do this.  I did it in /var so my sources.list file was in
/var/etc/apt/sources.list.  Either cp it over your exsisting
/etc/apt/sources.list file, or open it with a text editor and cut and paste
to your current one.  Run apt-get update, then you should be able to apt-get
install gnome-alsamixer-*. Hope this helps.

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.