[mythtv-users] Did MythWeb 0.16 fry anyone elses gentoo machine?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 10:23:22 EDT 2004

At 12:38 16/09/2004, you wrote:
>Op woensdag 15 september 2004 22:34, schreef Stephen Tait:
> > Anyway, the upshot of all this is that *every single page* apache2 serves
> > now results in a 403 forbidden, even the basic index.html. I've tried
> > mucking around with my config files, uninstalling this hellish
> > webapp-config thing, reinstalling apache, and it still won't go away.
> > Obviously, permissions are all set fine, and all the error logs say is
> > "permission denied". I can't find out what the hell is blocking everything.
> > This is turning into the most idiotic "simple upgrade breaks apache"
> > escapade I've ever seen!
>
>Well, I never got mythweb working (on a Gentoo system), oh that's not true it
>worked on a blue monday but then some update in Apache broke it. But.. are
>you sure that all directories that need to be traversed by Apache are
>readable and executable by Apache? That's a thing that almost everybody hits
>once in a while.

Well, firstly I'd be pretty pissed off if some upgrade trod all over my
directory permissions. Secondly, I even chmodded the entire /var/www tree
777 in an effort to get it to work... 403 every single time.

There's an upgrade to apache2 just landed in portage, I'll see if that does
anything. If not, it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall from scratch
in order to stand a chance of maybe getting apache working again.

And yeah, I've been using the package files in /etc/portage for quite a
while now.

Do any of the other gentoo users out there have the vhosts USE flag set for
apache, or globally?

I've also just found out that X refuses to work (blank screen, won't even
crash back to bash) when I use the 6111 nVidia drivers to try and get
around Myth segfaulting whenever TV stops playing. And I've got a cold. :
sniff : I am not a happy bunny...