[mythtv-users] Air flow and proc questions

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Thu Sep 16 11:12:26 EDT 2004

I have that case on a similar setup.. in its default setup it is rather
loud because of the 60mm fan on the back.. what you want todo is get a
psu with dual fans or better yet a single 120mm fan to exhaust the
case.  this way you can disable (not plugin) the 60mm fan on the back
and still get the heat out of the case.. second look for a silent artic
cooling heatsink (rather cheap and rather silent) and finally get a
fanless vga card

with my setup temps stay under 50c for case/cpu and its near silent

getting the hyperX ram is nice.. but if its just a mythbox it might be a
bit of a waste of money.. myth itself will preform fine with standard
timings/speed on ram

--John