[mythtv-users] Re: Air flow and proc questions

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 13:31:44 EDT 2004

At 17:38 16/09/2004, you wrote:
> > As pointed out on Albatron's website, this board supports all flavours of
> > Athlon XP's ;)
>Aha! The site was down for me... when I checked at least... so I gave up.
>
>Regarding the HyperX RAM... where I found it, it was on sale or some
>special or something... so a 512 stick of HyperX was like 2 or 3
>dollars more than a normal 512 stick or Crucial or some other brand.
>
> >  second look for a silent artic cooling heatsink (rather cheap and rather
> > silent) and finally get a fanless vga card
>Sounds like a plan!
>
>And it looks like I'll be grabbing a good 120mm fan and an Antec TruPower...
>
>Thanks for the input guys!

If you want to mount a 120mm in the 620, you're gonna have to do a bit of
chopping about...! There's not really anywhere to mount it.

On the power supply front, I've just come across the Antec NeoPower
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1774.html, which seems to be an
uber-quiet upgrade of the TruPower series using a 120mm intake fan instead
of an 80 or 92mm job. The price is quite high though, and it's rather
overpowered for a HTPC. One for those meaty backend boxes I guess...

Again though, the TruPower series are fantastic, although I'd say the Tagan
350W I've just put in my gf's computer is quieter.