[mythtv-users] Automatic Commercial Detection - how to get it

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Sep 16 13:32:46 EDT 2004

Christopher Flynn wrote:

>>What I have noticed however that every channel here in the UK pumps up the
>>volume considerably when switching to ads, which always has me reaching for
>>the mute button. Is there any way commflag can be confugled to take this
>>into account also? Does the same kinda thing happen in the US?
>>

>Yes! This is so very annoying. Not all channels do it but a large
>percentage do. I'd certainly like a feature like this.

I have a TV that has the 'smart volume' feature built into it. To bad I
don't use it for myth. It detects a big jump in volume and lowers the
audio level to keep it normal. It is an older tv, years old. It would be
a handy feature to have, but with commercial skipping, it really isn't
needed.

- James