[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 always feeds 720x480

msk samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Thu Sep 16 14:58:43 EDT 2004

> I'm not sure if the original quote was from me or not, but I also had that
> problem, and 0.16 also fixed it for me.  However, 352x240 doesn't work, but
> 352x480 does.

I didn't try intermediate horizontal resolutions, but did have trouble when my Low Quality profile was set to 320x240. It's as if frames were lost - the recording played fast, looking and sounding terrible. I changed the resolution to 480x480, leaving the video and audio bitrates at their low settings, and it worked fine after that.

> Also the MPEG1-VCD still is non-operational.  My goal was to put Low Quality
> as MPEG1-VCD at 352x240 (aka VCD), but it's not going well. :)  Ah well, I'll
> stick with what works.  This could well be an ivtv funky problem and I don't
> care that much because I have it working in a fashion that's useful to me.

Same here. MPEG1-VCD comes out in odd colors and is much smaller than the screen size. It's not that important, because DVD-Special 2 is working for me with different resolutions (using 480 lines, anyway) and bitrates. My reception isn't good enough to justify 720x480 at a high bitrate (6000 Kbps in my HQ profile), so I don't use it (though may for capture of a commerical video tape that still isn't available on DVD).

-Michael