[mythtv-users] Re: Air flow and proc questions

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 16:28:18 EDT 2004

At 19:57 16/09/2004, you wrote:

>Stephen Tait wrote:
>| On the power supply front, I've just come across the Antec NeoPower
>| http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1774.html, which seems to be an
>
>I just put one of these in my box, and I'm really happy with it:
>
>http://pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A6226402
>
>Can't hear it all.  The big noise maker right now is the CPU fan.  Can
>anyone suggest a good, silent CPU fan that would fit in an AT-620 with a
>Chaintech 7NIF2 mobo?

As I've suggested before, grab yourself a fan adapter. This'll allow you to
get rid of the 60mm or whatever fan you have at the moment, and place an
80mm there instead, which you can run at lower voltage/RPM. You might wanna
check out some of the other stuff in the Myth Wiki:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare_2fCoolingQuietlyHowTo

As far as quiet sinks go, you might want to see if one of these excellent
Zalman coolers will fit http://kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2675.html
They're near silent even in "loud" mode, and that's only required for those
little volcanoes we call Prescotts.