[mythtv-users] 0.16 PiP problems

Jesse Perkins jesse.perkins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 21:49:49 EDT 2004

After upgrading to 0.16 frpm atrpm (very smooth upgrade thanks to
those wonderful rpms), all works well except picture in picture.  I
have two backends each with one capture card.  The master backend is
running FC1 and the slave is RH9, both have a pvr250.  Both backends
record independantly just fine and both can watch live TV, but when I
try to watch PiP, the front end hangs and I end up having to kill it.
I get these messages from the frontend:

2004-09-12 07:47:48 taking too long to be allowed to read..
2004-09-12 07:47:50 prebuffering pause
2004-09-12 07:47:53 taking too long to be allowed to read..
2004-09-12 07:47:58 taking too long to be allowed to read..
2004-09-12 07:48:00 Waited 2 seconds for data to become available,
waiting again...

They repeat for a while, but nothing else happens.  The backends have
no helpful output.  The 6544 http port on my master backend shows both
encoder cards watching live TV.

I started looking around while the frontend was hung, and found that
the ringbuf file for the small picture (ringbuf2) was 0 bytes and
never growing.  This makes me think it's a setting somewhere I have
wrong.  But both backends can record/watch shows just find, it's just
both watching LiveTV at the same time messes up the frontend.  Anyone
seeing this problem?

--

Jesse Perkins
jesse.perkins at gmail.com

"Wisdom and strength are not opposing values."
-Bill Clinton DNC 2004