[mythtv-users] Wait for Epia SP or not?

Joby Walker zorloc at imperium.org
Thu Sep 16 22:59:48 EDT 2004

Supposedly VIA will be releasing the Epia SP motherboard this or next
month with the CN400 (UniChrome Pro graphics) Northbridge.  I'd like to
use it for a MythTV box -- the mpeg4 acceleration would be great (in
addition to greater performance and other features).

But after looking at all the steps necessary to set up Linux and MythTV,
I am becoming increasingly worried that there will be a lot of
complications due to the new hardware, so I should just settle for an
Epia M or MII.

Does anyone have any advise/recommendations?

Thanks

jbw