[mythtv-users] Re: Converting from ATrpms version to CVS self-compile development

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Sep 16 23:28:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 11:15:45AM -0700, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> - Can install/run a separate CVS version of Myth that will not interfere
> with the ATrpms version I already have installed & working?

This is difficult. Even though the rpms install under /usr and the
default myth prefix is /usr/local you will get issues with the
libs. You can try playing with the library paths and switch thus from
one to another.

But you will get issues if/when the database format changes, this is
usually a one-way operation.

> - What is the wisest way to go about getting the CVS self-compile version
> working?  Can I leverage my current installation, even if portions of it
> must be removed?

I'd remove all rpms and build CVS from source. Or use the spec files
to build CVS & mods. If you need help with the latter ask on
atrpms-devel.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net