[mythtv-users] What heatsink do you use on the 7NIF2? (Zalman CNPS6000-Cu)

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:23:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:43:57 -0500, myth-lane at dowobeha.net
<myth-lane at dowobeha.net> wrote:
> I've been looking around trying to find a micro ATX case for use in the Myth box
> that I'll be building soon. I am considering the Chaintech 7NIF2 motherboard,
> and I'd like to use one of the nice Zalman heatsinks (like the Zalman
> CNPS6000-Cu). Unfortunately, the heatsink is kind of big.
>
> I'm afraid that the heatsink wouldn't fit next to the power supply in many
> cases, at least not micro-atx cases.
>
> For those of you with the 7NIF2, what heatsink do you use? Is it quiet? I don't
> suppose anyone has that motherboard with the Zalman CNPS6000-Cu heatsink... :)
>
> As always, thanks for the help and advice.
>
> Cheers,
> Lane

I have a Thermaltake Silent Boost:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-037&depa=0
in an Athenatech A100BB Case:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-190-005&depa=0
The Heatsink just barely fits behind the DVD drive.

--
I probably still have a few gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.