[mythtv-users] dvb-s configuring problems

Aequitas admin at seasoft.nl
Fri Sep 17 13:03:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to get mythtv setup for a couple of days now and i'am still struggling to get it working. I've managed to get the dvb-s card working, and it's recognised by mythtv when running setup. But that's when i'am getting stuck.

This is what i've done so far, i've added the dvb card and it's recognised correctly, after setting up the sats (and diseq), i've done the cardverification and enter some freq and symbol rates, this works fine and i get signal readout of 81%. ( I can't select a sat in the menu ?).

I've skipped the video sources as i don't want to use xmltv. ( It's allready running on a different machine. )

When setting the input connections i can't choose a video source ?

I couldn't find a menu item todo a sat scan for channels, so against my will i've tried to import first an xmltv scan that i allready had before trying to import the channels.conf from scan, but mythfilldatabase just exists with a bunch of error's:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1001
No error type from QsqlError? Strange ...

snippet of the xml i'am trying to import:
  <channel id="3sat.de">
    <display-name>3Sat</display-name>
  </channel>
  <programme start="200409171530 +0200" stop="200409171600 +0200" channel="3sat.de">
    <title>hitec</title>
    <desc>Technisch magazine</desc>
    <category>Wetenschap</category>
    <video>
      <aspect>16:9</aspect>
    </video>
    <audio>
      <stereo>stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
  </programme>

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Tjeerd van der Zee