[mythtv-users] Checkboxes don't appear in MythFrontEnd

Obie Fayth bibendum59 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:18:13 EDT 2004

***Warning Noob question***

     I've noticed that the check marks on the MythFrontEnd setup
screens only appear when I run the frontend as root. As a non-root
user I seem to be able to toggle them using the right/left arrow keys
(other options are enabled/disabled when I do this), but the actual
check mark never appears. If I run MythFrontEnd as root then the check
marks do appear and everything functions normally. This seems like a
security permissions problem, but I don't know what I need to change
(or where, or how). Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
-Obie