[mythtv-users] integrated motherboards

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 22:30:15 EDT 2004

I've been looking to build a HTPC and I finally decided on the Ahanix
D5 case which accepts ATX or microATX form factor motherboards.
Originally I was figuring on going with a microATX but now that I can
go ATX it gives me more options. Unfortunately the hardware database
does not list what motherboard people are using. I'm trying to not go
too expensive and the processor doesn't need to be that great because
I've decided on the PVR-250 but now I'm trying to find a decent
motherboard.

I'd like to integrate as much as I can so it leaves a lot of options
for expansion. (Like to add more capture cards or maybe even at some
point an HDTV card) but I figure going to my TV I don't need a great
video card, just something with a TV-out maybe. Since this will be a
dedicated MythTV box I was figuring on going with a 1.8Ghz Duron since
that seems to be in the right price range and should be quite capable.
So what inexpensive motherboards are you using and are you happy with
it?

It seems most of the ATX boards don't have integrated video so if I
want to go that route I'd have to go microATX. Also I'd kindof like
S/PDIF out to get 5.1 Surround sound and of course integrated
ethernet. Gigabit Ethernet would be nice but I don't have it. Anyone
have any suggestions? It seems like a popular chipset with these
options is the nVidia one.
-Chris