[mythtv-users] upgrade from FC1 to FC2

john salch jsalch at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 00:17:49 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to decide how to get my stock FC1 system
(per Jarod's instructions (kernel
2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.atsmp, 15.1 mythtv) to a
FC2 install.  As I see it, there are two ways to go:

1) re-install, find some way to save off my myth
settings, then restore them.

2) upgrade existing system.  only thing i think here
is to put in FC2 disk and do the upgrade then try to
figure out new ivtv etc etc...  this sounds a bit
frightening, but if it works, then there will be less
to do later.

Any ideas or experiences on this?

If someone can give me some ideas, I will be happy to
post my experiences here.  I am relatively new to
linux and myth but did get a system up and running...

Thanks.