[mythtv-users] Dish Network and Dual Tuners/Receivers

Dave Corder dave_corder at mac.com
Sat Sep 18 01:56:40 EDT 2004

For the last year and a half or so, I've had a MythTV box running very well.

I used to use standard cable TV with my box and it worked great. Now,
though, I've moved into an apartment with roommates who already have Dish
Network, so I'll be moving to that pretty soon.

I've got dual WinTV PRV-250 cards in my MythTV box (previously had a PVR-250
and a WinTV-dbx-401 bttv card when using regular cable).

I'm wondering what the best options are for using two Dish Network receivers
with my MythTV box. Are there any Dish receivers that have serial ports for
changing channels? Or would I need two separate IR transmitters, one for
each receiver? (I've noticed old satellite receivers at Goodwill and other
thrift stores recently..is there any reason I couldn't use two of those or
would I need, say, the 301 model receivers my roommates already have?)

I'm new to the world of satellite TV, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Corder

--

If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee.

Dave Corder: davecorder at yahoo.com, ICQ: 51702411, MSN/Hotmail: TheCordMan