[mythtv-users] Problem with new version of X

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Sat Sep 18 21:41:06 EDT 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 16:07, Jeff Morrow wrote:
> I'm running debian unstable, which had a big X windows upgrade a while
> back.  Since then mythtv isn't working right.  When I try to watch live
> TV or watch recordings, I get audio and a blank screen. The log gives
> lots of "Waiting for space on soundcard" messages.
>
> I know audio works fine because I've been happily listening to my CDs
> with mythmusic.  I know video works because when I page through my
> recorded programs I can see the "thumbnail" video, even for programs
> that have been recorded since things stopped working.  I can even get
> live video feed with xawtv.

Similar problem here, actually I get a blue screen and audio.
If i click on any of the .nuv files in my store directory an I can
play them with xine, or mplayer.

The funny thing is, some days they play in myth, then after
watching a little live tv, they won't.
No Clue.

I'm trying to watch them on the PC screen, by the way,
not a TV.

.16, with pvr-350.
--