[mythtv-users] Remote Control Setup

1canuck2 1canuck2 at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 18 22:05:45 EDT 2004

Have you configured or downloaded the correct .lircrc and lircd.conf file
(and put them in the correct location, and restard lircd)?

You can download the ones for the Hauppage remote from Jarod's site. Without
these, irw will show nothing as it does not know how to interpret the input
it receives. It took me a little while to grasp lirc, and I am still no
expert. But basically, as I understand it (in simple terms), one file tells
lirc which remote commands to expect and one file tells it which mythtv
command to interpet the input to.

I am sure better experts can explain it more completely, but thats the
basics...

Robin