[mythtv-users] Crashes with 0.16 - anyone else?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 12:19:26 EDT 2004

> My system has been crashing ever since I upgraded to 0.16.
> It only crashes when I try to watch live TV or recorded TV.
> MythVideo and all the other pieces work fine.  I'm running
> Fedora Core 1 and everything was setup and upgraded following
> Jarod's excellent HOW TO.  I'm also using a PVR-250.  Any
> suggestions on what to check?  Thanks!

I was having problems until I got my module.conf file straightened out. The
order seems to be very important with .16.  I have attached my WORKING file.
Also using FC1 with -250's so you should be able to drop it in place of your
current one.

----------- modules.conf --------------

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options tuner type=2 # NTSC tuner
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
# sound
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
alias char-major-195 nvidia
# lirc driver
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.6 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---