[mythtv-users] Odd PVR-350 FC2 Error: /dev/video0 Input/outputError

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 19 15:51:25 EDT 2004

> It's slow to change channels, and I need to figure out how to push
> the OSD over a couple pixels.  The offset settings in the setup
> portion only seem to take affect if I run mythfrontend in a window,
> which works, until I go to watch LiveTV, and then the TV signal
> shows, with a giant black square in front of it exactly the size and
> position of the now-invisible mythfrontend interface.  So I have
> LiveTV working great, but the OSD is wonky.  It probably has
> something to do with the fact that I can't get my X display to fit
> the TV exactly -- it goes over the edges by probably 50 or 80 pixels
> in all directions.

X on the 350 does go over the edge by about 50-80 pixels. I've been thinking
about ways to sort this out but it will probably be a couple of weeks away.

The offset settings should work for the main myth display's. I don't believe
they affect the OSD displayed during livetv/recordings but I may be wrong I
just haven't convinced myself that the code takes any offsets into account.

John