[mythtv-users] MythTV BurnDVD: "please remultiplex" warnings?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Sep 19 18:27:03 EDT 2004

I've spent quite a bit of time this weekend trying to get the
8-Sept "MythTvBurn" scripts to work.  I'm running 0.15.1 compiled
from sources on a Debian "unstable" platform.  After fixing a
bunch of wrong paths and assumptions about filenames that were
hard-coded into the scripts, I'm finally getting closer.

There are currently two issues outstanding:

 1) Thumbnail extraction always fails with messages like this:

      Extracting thumbnail image from time frame 00:23:14.18-00:23:14.19
      (decode_mpeg2.c) video write failed.
      (demuxer.c) write program stream packet: Broken pipe

    [This one I can probably track down.  It's likey just
    another hard-coded path somewhere that's wrong.]

 2) I get about 30,000 lines of warnings from dvdauthor like
    these:

      WARN: Discontinuity in audio channel 8; please remultiplex input.
      WARN: Previous sector: 0.491 - 0.491
      WARN: Current sector: 0.543 - 0.543

      WARN: Audio pts for channel 8 moves backwards; please remultiplex input.
      WARN: Previous sector: 0.468 - 0.516
      WARN: Current sector: 0.515 - 0.539

    Since the files have just been remultiplexed, I wouldn't
    think I should be seeing these warnings.

Has anybody seen and/or solved these errors before?

Has anybody ever gotten these scripts to work on a vanilla
Debian system?

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com