[mythtv-users] Re: Matrox G550 TV output

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 22:55:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

This is very interesting. Initialy, when I first tried to installed
myth (.13,) I bought a G550 before I read the forums on video card
recommendations. Now I'm running my setup with an MX440 but I find
that the tvout quality less then it could be.

Meanwhile I've found some use for my G550, it'd be very nive to use it for Myth.

Tho, from what I could read, it implied using the frame buffer and the
information I got at the time, is that the quality and CPU usage was
bad since it could not use XV.

I'd love to this this new patch but I was wondering if these were
still an issue. Should I even attempt the venture since I'm already up
and running with a XV-enabled video card?

Thanks,
cythraul