[mythtv-users] DVD eject button

Lorrin Nelson lhn+mythtv at nerdylorrin.net
Mon Sep 20 01:34:57 EDT 2004

This is more of a Linux question than a MythTV question, but I'm hoping
someone can help. Once I put a DVD in my MythTV box I can't get it out
with the eject button on the drive. Is there a way to fix this?
Switching to a command prompt and running "eject" each time is a little
tedious.

One thing that's odd is that even after an apparently successful umount
the drive's still mounted:

tomato:/etc/X11# umount -v /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc umounted
tomato:/etc/X11# mount | grep hdc
/dev/hdc on /media/cdrom0 type iso9660 (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=mythtv)

But eject works:

tomato:/etc/X11# eject -v
eject: using default device `cdrom'
eject: device name is `cdrom'
eject: expanded name is `/cdrom'
eject: `/cdrom' is a link to `/media/cdrom0'
eject: `/dev/hdc' is mounted at `/media/cdrom0'
eject: unmounting `/dev/hdc'
eject: `/dev/hdc' is a multipartition device
eject: trying to eject `/dev/hdc' using CD-ROM eject command
eject: CD-ROM eject command succeeded

I checked, it's not a hardware problem with the button.

Cheers!

-Lorrin