[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and Closed Captions

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Mon Sep 20 22:18:52 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:
> The VBI data needs to be inserted into the mpg stream by the ivtv
> driver.  I'm not aware if this was ever confirmed to be working for
> everyone.  Then, the ivtv driver needs to have an actual release - I
> don't want to have code that depends on a random pre-patch that's not
> stable.  Finally, myth would have to know how to parse the data out of
> the stream and display it appropriately.

According to README.vbi, adding the CC data to the MPEG stream is indeed
already working. I agree that we need a 'real' ivtv release - with the 2-3
different ck patches per day, it's kind of insane.  :)  It'd be nice if we
could get this feature into myth before that, though (so it'd at least
work on the ivtv releases that support it) - CC's are the one big thing my
wife misses from XP Media Center.