[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and Closed Captions

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 21 09:36:29 EDT 2004

 --- Nate Carlson <natecars at natecarlson.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, John Andersen wrote:
> > Well you aren't required to install them all. ;-)
> Personally I like the
> > fact its getting agressivly worked on, and even
> tho I stay comfortably
> > behind the bleeding edge I think Chris is doing a
> great job.
>
> Oh, yeah, I'm not saying he isn't, but at some point
> we do need to get a
> release where most things work acceptably, and be
> able to tell people who
> don't want to mess around "here, use this version."

I dont think anyone disputes this but its not there at
the moment. I'm currently chasing down a bug that
stops things working when playing back recordings on
my system and some others. I suspect we are getting
closer but the current version certainly isn't there
yet and so much new stuff has been added recently (new
tuners, osd fixes etc.) that i dont think it would
make sense to use either of the releases that people
believe to be "stable" as the basis of a good
recomendation. Hopefully things will settle down over
the next few weeks and we can get something out (but
then i thought that a few weeks ago and it certainly
isnt there yet).

John