[mythtv-users] Avermedia Ultra TV hardware encoder cards

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Tue Sep 21 09:48:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

I would say that you need to know what chips are on that board to know
if it works.  From the small amount of info I found, its using a NEC PD
61xx chip for the encoder
(http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=24439). I dont
know, but Im sure you can research it and find out if its supported by
any of the current drivers our there.  I imagine, if its a new(er) card
that there is little or no support for it yet.  Are the Happauge WinTV
PVR 2/350s that much more than this one?  If not, Id just get one of
them since they are known to work with Linux.

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.