[mythtv-users] Re: Display episode number in program guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 21 11:22:06 EDT 2004

On 09/21/2004 03:11 AM, Kristian Eide wrote:

>>Press "U". Read the keys.txt sometime for other features that
>>you may not be aware of.
>>

>Yes, I am aware of the extra info screen (but thanks for the keys.txt tip!),
>however, it still does not display the episode number! Is it supposed to?

As I understand it, mythfilldatabase pulls more data from DataDirect
listings than from listings using any regional grabber for XMLTV.
Because some XMLTV grabbers do not get episode listing information,
mythfilldatabase does not use it even when it's there
(least-common-denominator approach).  However, since mythfilldatabase
needed completely new functionality to request (via SOAP), parse
(different DTD), and store the DataDirect data, the code was created to
take advantage of the additional information in DataDirect listings.

Therefore, North American users will see episode information--because
DataDirect always provides it--but users from other regions of the world
(i.e. Norway) will not see it because some grabbers do not provide it.

Mike