[mythtv-users] bindings for special KEY_* keys

John F. DeLuca johnfdeluca at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 11:57:28 EDT 2004

Lineak works just for this purpose.  Has configs for many keyboards (many Logitech
types) as well as ability to roll your own config.
www.lineak.sourceforge.net
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard for my new MythTV PVR that has a bunch
of extra "media" keys, like search, volume, fwd, back, etc. that generate
key events like KEY_VOLUMEUP, KEY_MUTE, KEY_PLAYPAUSE,
KEY_NEXTSONG, etc.
(according to input-evdev).

I have updated the keybindings table in mythconverg to replace, for example,
P with P,KEY_PLAYPAUSE
and
[,{,F11 with [,{,KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
etc.

But, of course, Myth doesn't seem to recognize those special key identifiers.

Does anybody know the correct way to get Myth to recognise the special keys?

Regards,
Ian Morgan

Ian E. Morgan Vice President & C.O.O. Webcon, Inc.
imorgan at webcon dot ca PGP: #2DA40D07 www.webcon.ca
* Customized Linux Network Solutions for your Business *